The HHSC Psychiatric Executive Formulary Committee maintains and updates the Psychiatric Drug Formulary by:
- Recommending standards of drug use that discourage unnecessary duplication of therapeutic alternatives and encourage the highest standards of medical and pharmacy practice.
- Reviewing periodically the drugs listed in the formulary to ensure consistency with need, effectiveness, risk and cost.
- Consulting with experts in clinical pharmacy, pharmacology and other medical specialties as needed to objectively assess drugs under consideration.
- Adding new drugs to the formulary.
- Making other recommendations about drug use and policy as requested.
- Designating the formulations allowed for general use by service system components and their contractors.
Committee chair: David Moron, M.D., Rio Grande State Center
Secretary: Jean Baemayr, Pharm.D., State Hospitals
Yekini Adeyemi, R.N., Austin State Supported Living Center
Angela Babin, R.Ph., The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD
John Bennett, M.D., Dallas Metrocare Services
Giovanna Betancourt, Pharm.D., El Paso State Supported Living Center
Rakesh Chadalavada, M.D., Terrell State Hospital
German Corso, M.D., Tropical Texas Behavioral Health
Brad Fitzwater, M.D., HHSC Substance Use
Catherine S. Hall, Pharm.D., San Antonio State Hospital
Dana Hopkins, R.N, Austin State Hospital
Jeffery Matthews, M.D., State Hospitals
Leah Nunez, Pharm.D., Rio Grande State Center
Brittany Parmentier, Pharm.D., UT Health East Texas
Kenda Pittman, Pharm.D., State Supported Living Centers
Rishi Sawhney, M.D., Behavioral Health Medical Director
Charlene Shero, M.D., North Texas State Hospital, Wichita Falls
Glenn Shipley, D.O., State Supported Living Centers
Lesia Trickett, M.D., State Supported Living Centers
Ashton Wickramasinghe, M.D., Austin State Supported Living Center
Patrick Young, M.D., Betty Hardwick Center
For More Information
Contact us at HHSC_Psychiatric_Formulary_Committee@hhs.texas.gov.