Office of the Executive Commissioner
Office of the Chief Operating Officer
The COO oversees the planning and delivery of administrative support services to HHS system staff and the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS). This office oversees Information Technology; Civil Rights; Contract Management Support; Emergency and Risk Management; Facilities Support; Human Resources; and Procurement and Contracting Services.
- Chief Operating Officer, Maurice McCreary Jr.
- Deputy Executive Commissioner, Information Technology and Chief Information Officer, Ricardo Blanco
- Deputy Executive Commissioner, System Support Services, Rolland Niles
- Deputy Executive Commissioner, Procurement and Contracting Services, Kay Molina
Office of the Chief Financial Officer
The CFO is responsible for the overall financial management of HHSC. This office oversees Accounting; Actuarial Analysis; Budget Management; Forecasting; Fiscal Program Coordination and Special Projects; Payroll and Time, Labor and Leave; and Provider Finance.
- Chief Financial Officer, Trey Wood
- Deputy CFO, Chris Matthews
- Director, Accounting, Paula Reed
- Director and Chief Actuary, Actuarial Analysis, Michael Joyner
- Director, Budget Management, Raymond Jasik
- Director, Forecasting, Michael Ghasemi
- Director, Payroll, Time, Labor & Leave, Mike Markl
- Director, Provider Finance, Victoria Grady
Office of the Chief Counsel
The OCC provides legal support services to HHS system partners. This office oversees Legal Services; Appeals; Privacy; and Ethics.
- Chief Counsel, Karen Ray
- Deputy Chief Counsel, Director, Legal Services, Nycia Deal
- Director, Appeals, Carole Hurley
- Chief Privacy Officer and Director, Sarah Morrow
- Chief Ethics Officer, David Reisman
Office of the Chief Program and Services Officer
The CPSO oversees public assistance programs, disability determination, and community-based programs and services accessed by millions of Texans; administers programs that serve as a safety net for Texans, providing health care, nutrition and support services; provides a unified and coordinated approach to the delivery of appropriate and cost-effective intellectual or developmental disability and behavioral health services; and oversees the financial and business operations of state hospitals and state supported living centers across Texas. This office oversees Access and Eligibility Services; Family Health Services; Community Services; Behavioral Health Services; and the Health and Specialty Care System.
- Chief Program & Services Officer, Michelle Alletto
- Deputy Chief Program & Services Officer, Molly Lester
- Interim Deputy Executive Commissioner, Access and Eligibility Services, Molly Lester
- Deputy Executive Commissioner, Family Health Services, Rob Ries
- Deputy Executive Commissioner, Community Services, Haley Turner
- Deputy Executive Commissioner, Behavioral Health Services, Sonja Gaines
- Deputy Executive Commissioner, Health and Specialty Care System, Scott Schalchlin
Office of the Chief Medicaid and CHIP Services Officer
MCS oversees health care programs and long-term services that serve over 5 million low-income children and their families, pregnant women, former foster care youth, people with disabilities and older adults.
- Chief Medicaid and CHIP Services Officer, Emily Zalkovsky
- Deputy State Medicaid Director, Valerie Mayes
- Deputy Executive Commissioner for Policy and Quality, Vacant
- Chief Medical Director, Dr. Ryan D. Van Ramshorst
- Deputy Executive Commissioner for Managed Care, Shannon Kelley
- Deputy Executive Commissioner for Operations, Dana L. Collins
Office of the Chief Policy and Regulatory Officer
The CPRO serves as a hub for process improvement throughout the HHS system; protects the health and safety of consumers of long-term care, child care, acute health care facilities and behavioral health services; enhances HHS’ capacity for data-driven decision-making; and partners with and advises program areas to ensure a coordinated systemwide approach to policy development, implementation and evaluation. This office oversees Policy and Rules, Transformation and Innovation, Data, Analytics and Performance, Regulatory Services, Compliance and Quality Control.
- Chief Policy and Regulatory Officer, Jordan Dixon
- Deputy Executive Commissioner, Policy and Rules, Libby Camp Elliott
- Deputy Executive Commissioner, Office of Transformation and Innovation, Misti Hair
- Deputy Executive Commissioner, Office of Data, Analytics and Performance, Calvin Green
- Deputy Executive Commissioner, Regulatory Services, Stephen Pahl
- Deputy Executive Commissioner Compliance and Quality Control, Chad Riley
Office of the Chief Public Affairs Officer
The CPAO oversees internal and external communications; public complaint resolution; government and stakeholder relations; and advises the Executive Commissioner and executive leadership team. This office oversees Communications, Government and Stakeholder Relations, and the Office of the Ombudsman.
- Chief Public Affairs Officer, Hailey Kemp
- Director of Communications, Dave Nelson
- Director of Government and Stakeholder Relations, Jonathan Connors
- Ombudsman, Joel Schwartz
Chief Audit Executive
Chief Audit Executive, Nicole Guerrero
Department of State Health Services
Commissioner, Department of State Health Services, Dr. Jennifer Shuford