Trouble Viewing or Downloading a Form?
The Adobe Acrobat or Reader plug-in for web browsers relies on the cross-platform plug-in architecture NPAPI, which had been supported by all major web browsers for over a decade. The following browsers have dropped support for NPAPI, and therefore Adobe Acrobat or Reader plug-in no longer work on these browsers anymore to display the PDF.
Note: Fillable forms are not supported on mobile or tablet devices. Please use a desktop PC or Mac to view or fill out the form.
Downloading or Saving a Form
- Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac on the PDF link and click Save link as from the menu.
- Select the folder you want to save the file in and then click Save.
- Navigate to the folder you saved the file in and Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac, then select Open With from the menu:
- Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Adobe Reader; or
- Microsoft Word.
- Open the PDF file from your desktop using Adobe Acrobat or Reader application. Do not click on the downloaded file at the bottom of the browser since it will not open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat or Reader. It will try to open the file in the browser that results in the same browser error message.
- Microsoft Edge - Downloading Form Instructions (PDF)
Disable Your Web Browser’s Built-in PDF Viewer
Downloading the Adobe Reader Application
Our forms are compatible with Adobe Reader version 9 or later.
For further assistance, please email HHS Form & Handbook Request.