- PagesSenate Bill (S.B.) 8, 87th Legislature, 3rd Called Session, 2021, appropriates funds to the Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) for grants to support Texas healthcare providers affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Topics: COVID-19, Financial
- Provider NewsApril 29, 2022HHSC is implementing a new credentialing system for nursing facility administrators in the Texas Unified Licensure Information Portal.
Topics: Long-term Care Providers
- NewsApril 28, 2022In anticipation of the upcoming solicitation and resulting contract for STAR & CHIP, HHSC is issuing this Request for Public Comment to seek information and comments regarding the proposed Best Value Criteria the agency will use to evaluate and select the successful respondent.
- NewsDecember 16, 2021Gov. Greg Abbott today announced Texas HHSC is providing $128 million in federal American Rescue Plan Act funding to rural hospitals and nursing facilities to support health care providers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Topics: Health, Long-term Care Providers
- NewsNovember 23, 2021White Cane Day offers an annual opportunity to celebrate and raise awareness about visual impairments and blindness.
- NewsNovember 23, 2021HHS is collaborating with the governor-appointed PANS Advisory Council to promote awareness and education.
- NewsNovember 23, 2021Ensuring the highest level of care leads an HHS employee to improve techniques to aid in designing custom wheelchair seats and treatment plans.
- NewsNovember 23, 2021This year’s World Day Against Trafficking in Persons focuses on listening to and learning from survivors to help establish effective prevention measures.
- NewsNovember 23, 2021HHS and DFPS are presenting a free online forum for Historically Underutilized Businesses.
- NewsNovember 23, 2021Gov. Abbott today announced that Texas HHSC is providing approximately $262 million in emergency SNAP food benefits for the month of July.