If you are faced with a mental health or substance use emergency, please dial 9-1-1.
Contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
For mental health or substance use emergencies where your safety or the safety of others is at immediate risk, dial 9-1-1.
If you feel you are experiencing a mental health or substance use emergency but your safety or the safety of others is not at immediate risk, please contact:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: Dial 800-273-8255 (800-273-TALK)
- Veterans Crisis Line: Dial 800-273-8255, option 1
- 24/7 Crisis Text Line: Text TX to 741741
- Texas 2-1-1: Dial 2-1-1, option 8
- 24/7 Local Mental Health Authority Crisis Hotline for substance use and other crisis services
The first step when seeking help for non-emergency mental health or substance use challenges is to find services in your area. You may call the referral line in your area for confidential help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Stigma and Mental Health
The stigma surrounding mental health is often a deterrent for people looking to get help. Christina, John, Zachary, and Shannon tell us why it's important to "shake the stigma" and talk to someone.