Each state has rules about who is eligible for Medicaid and what it covers. Some people qualify for Medicare, Medicaid, or both. Find out if you are eligible for Medicaid in Texas.
Locate aging, disability, behavioral health, and intellectual or developmental disabilities service offices near you.
- AAA = Area Agency on Aging
- ADRC = Aging and Disability Resource Center
- LIDDA = Local Intellectual and Developmental Disability Authority
- LMHA = Local Mental Health Authority
These services are available if you are age 60 and older or care for a person who is older:
- Call 800-252-9240 for AAA services.
- Help also may be available to grandparents who are raising grandchildren.
These services could help you continue living in your own home or with family:
- Personal care services
- Medical services
- Transportation services
- Caregiver services
- Ombudsmen advocate for clients.
- Investigators look into reports of fraud, waste and abuse.
- Civil rights staff help make sure clients receive services and benefits.
Caring for a loved one takes strength. Learn about ways to care for yourself while strengthening the support you provide as a caregiver.
- Care for yourself.
- Prepare for the present and the future.
- Find support.