Substance use disorders affect people from all backgrounds and all age groups. Substance use disorders occur when there is recurrent use of a substance that affects a person’s daily life. Substance use services meet the person where they are and coordinate care for the best possible outcome. The array of substance use services encourages people to seek recovery alongside prevention, intervention and treatment.
- Detoxification services
- Intensive and supportive residential (adult and youth)
- Outpatient (adult and youth)
- Medication Assisted Treatment
- Co-occurring psychiatric and substance use disorders services (adult and youth)
- Specialized female services (adult and youth)
Outreach, screening, assessment and referral services help people get substance use services, case management and peer support. An OSAR service provider will stay in touch with people waiting for treatment and refer them to community services while they are waiting.
Texas residents can call one number to get information about substance use and mental health treatment services.