Substance use disorders affect people from all backgrounds and all age groups. Substance use disorders occur when there is recurrent use of a substance that affects a person’s daily life.
Substance use services offer person-centered coordinated care for the best possible outcome. The array of substance use services encourages people to seek recovery alongside prevention, intervention, and treatment services.
- Withdrawal management services
- Intensive and supportive residential treatment
- Outpatient treatment
- Medication assisted treatment
- Co-occurring psychiatric and substance use disorders treatment services
- Specialized female treatment services for pregnant women and women with dependent children.
How Do I find Substance Use Treatment Services?
There are several ways to find adult substance use treatment services, such as by contacting the substance use program directly, your local Outreach, Screening, Assessment, Referral (OSAR), or Local Mental Health Authority or Local Behavioral Health Authority.