Pregnant and Parenting Intervention (PPI) programs provide intervention services to reduce the impact, severity and cost associated with a substance-exposed pregnancy for the mother, child and their families. PPI programs provide comprehensive case management services, community-based linkage and retention services, and evidenced-based education for mothers with a past or present substance use disorder diagnosis, while also providing support to their families and significant others.
Benefits of PPI Services
- Improving birth outcomes, parenting skills and home environment
- Increased access to community resources
- Reduced risk of parental substance misuse
- Promoting parent-child bonding and engagement in reproductive health and well-child visits
Who Is Eligible for PPI Services?
- Pregnant women who are Texas residents with a past or present substance use disorder and her family members
- Parenting women, with a child up to 6 years old, who are Texas residents with a past or present substance use disorder and her family members
How Do I Get PPI Services?
Call your local outreach, screening, assessment and referral center, local mental health authority or local behavioral health authority.