Parenting Awareness and Drug Risk Education Services (PADRES) provides community-based intervention outreach services and evidenced-based education to people who are childbearing age to decrease the impact of substance use.
Intervention services include:
- Talking with the parents about their needs and their children’s needs.
- Parental education classes.
- Recommending community services that can assist parents and their children .
- Helping parents get needed services and supplies.
Benefits of PADRE services include:
- Increased access to community resources.
- Decreased effects of substance use within the family.
Who Is Eligible for PADRES ?
- Parents who are Texas residents with a child up to six years old.
- Expectant parents who have one or more risk factors for a substance use disorder as identified in the PADRES Screening.
How Do I Get PADRES?
Call your local outreach, screening, assessment and referral center, local mental health authority or local behavioral health authority.