Your Day Habilitation Service is changing, find out more (PDF).
What is HCS?
The Home and Community-based Services program provides individualized services and supports to persons with intellectual disabilities who are living with their family, in their own home or in other community settings, such as small group homes.
Read news, information letters (ILs) and provider letters (PLs).
Don't Miss Out on Emails from HHS
The Texas Health and Human Services Commission contracts with a company called Granicus to provide email updates, called GovDelivery. In accordance with your contract, and contracting rules at 40 Texas Administrative Code §49.302(g), you must subscribe to receive HHSC email updates, using this GovDelivery signup, and select Information Letters, Provider Alerts and the contract program type(s).
Infection Control Resources
- Infection Prevention and Control Measures for Common Infections in LTC Facilities (PDF)
- Infection Control Basics & PPE Training for Essential Caregivers (PDF)
- Helping Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities and Related Conditions Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 (PDF)
- Long-term Care COVID-19 Vaccination Options (PDF)
Contact Program Staff
- Provider/policy information: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- Contracting information: 512-438-3234 / IDDWaiverContractEnrollment@hhsc.state.tx.us
- Eligibility information: Your local authority
- Regional nurses: Community Services regional contacts for your region
Statutes and Rules
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 40, Part 1, Chapter 9: Home and Community-Based Services (HCS) Program and Community First Choice (CFC)
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 40, Part I, Chapter 41: Consumer Directed Services
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 40, Part 1, Chapter 49: Contracting for Community Services
Other Rules and Statutes
Review Tools and Forms
- Form 1573, Residential Review Evidence of Correction for Results Less Than 90%
- Form 3609, Waiver Survey and Certification Residential Checklist
- Form 5611, Waiver Survey and Certification — HCS Personnel Checklist
- Form 5607, Waiver Survey and Certification DFPS Checklist
- Form 5610, Fire Drills
- Form 8576, Individual Profile Information
- Form 8608, Sample Appeal Letter
- Provider and LIDDA CARE Report Crosswalk (PDF)
- Provider and LIDDA CARE Screen Crosswalk (PDF)
- Comprehensive Nursing Assessment FAQ (PDF)
- HCS and TxHmL Transformation Webinar (PDF)
- Interpretive Guidance Booklet (PDF)
- HCS & TxHmL Certification Principles Webinar Series: Participant Q&A (PDF)
- Regulation of Individual Skills and Socialization webinar (PDF)
- Regulation of Individual Skills and Socialization webinar Recording
IDD and PI Quarterly Webinars
- October 27, 2022 IDD and PI Quarterly Webinar (PDF)
- January 26, 2023 IDD and PI Quarterly Webinar (PDF)
- April 23, 2023 IDD and PI Quarterly Webinar (PDF)