The easiest way to treat a disease is stop it before it starts. Understanding how to avoid a possible chronic condition is essential. Prevention is an effective path to improving Texans' lives.
- Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Prevention Program at the Texas Department of State Health Services creates, promotes and guides public health programs to promote healthy lifestyles and to educate people about preventing and managing chronic diseases.
- Immunization Branch provides information for families and medical providers about the benefits of immunizations and which ones are recommended at different life stages.
- Infectious Disease Prevention Section at the Texas Department of State Health Services oversees program services related to tuberculosis, Hansen's disease and refugee health, sexually transmitted diseases, viral hepatitis prevention and all HIV activities along with activities for detection, prevention, and control of other infectious diseases, including zoonotic diseases.
- Turn to: Everyone knows someone in need of support. It could be a friend, child, or even you. Many of us often ask “where do I turn to for help?” It can be challenging, but there are ways to get support or be a source of support for someone else.
- The Zika Medicaid Benefit is available in Medicaid and other state programs. Texas covers certain mosquito repellent products year-round for the prevention of the Zika virus.