- NewsNovember 23, 2021In 2019, the Texas Legislature designated September as Sickle Cell Disease Awareness Month to shine a light on this hereditary blood disorder.
- PagesResearch shows the emotional health benefits of having strong social connections are well known, and that staying socially engaged also benefits health in other ways.
Topics: Community Engagement, Health
- PagesThe STAR Kids Managed Care Advisory Committee advises HHSC on the establishment and implementation of the STAR Kids Medicaid managed care program.
- PagesThe creation of a statewide health information exchange has allowed Texas healthcare providers to securely exchange health information among themselves. This has increased the coordination and quality of care while improving efficiency in the health care system and increasing consumer empowerment and control.
- PagesThe State Medicaid Managed Care Advisory Committee provides recommendations and ongoing input to the Health and Human Services Commission on the statewide implementation and operation of Medicaid managed care.
Topics: Health, Women