What are Day Activity and Health Services?
Licensed Day Activity and Health Services facilities provide daytime services, up to 10 hours per day, Monday through Friday, to people who live in the community. Services address physical, mental, medical and social needs.
Click here for news, information letters (ILs) & provider letters (PLs).
Don't Miss Out on Emails from HHS
The Texas Health and Human Services Commission contracts with a company called Granicus to provide email updates, called GovDelivery. In accordance with your contract, and contracting rules at 40 Texas Administrative Code §49.302(g), you must subscribe to receive HHSC email updates, using this GovDelivery signup, and select Information Letters, Provider Alerts and the contract program type(s).
Texas DAHS Directory
- Directory of Traditional DAHS and DAHS with Individualized Skills and Socialization Facilities in Excel format
- Directory of Traditional DAHS and DAHS with Individualized Skills and Socialization Facilities in PDF format
- Directory of DAHS-Individualized Skills and Socialization Only Facilities in Excel format
- Directory of DAHS-Individualized Skills and Socialization Only Facilities in PDF format
Regulatory Comment Card Survey
Please click here to take a short survey about the recent visit to your facility by Texas Health and Human Services Long-Term Care Regulatory.
Contact Program Staff
For questions about:
- Contracting with HHSC: Contact Information for Eligibility Operations Provider Contract Management (PDF)
- Licensing: 512-438-2630
- Information regarding eligibility criteria: your local HHS office
- Program or provider policy: DahsPolicy@hhsc.state.tx.us
- Nursing or other services Community Services regional contacts for your region
- Regulatory Services: Long-Term Care Regulatory Services regional contacts
Statutes & Rules
- Texas Administrative Code Title 26, Part 1, Chapter 559: Day Activity and Health Services Requirements
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 26, Part 1, Chapter 560: Denial or Refusal of License
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 40, Part 1, Chapter 49: Contracting for Community Services
- Texas Health and Safety Code, Title 4, Chapter 250: Nurse Aide Registry and Criminal History Checks of Employees and Applicants for Employment in Certain Facilities Serving the Elderly or Persons with Disabilities
- Texas Human Resources Code, Title 6, Chapter 103: Day Activity and Health Services
- 42 Code of Federal Regulations, 440.130(d), Title XIX
- 45 Code of Federal Regulations, Part 96, Title XX