The Texas Veterans + Family Alliance (TV+FA) Grant Program was created to improve the quality of life of Texas veterans and their families. Our aim is to expand the availability of, increase access to, and enhance delivery of mental health services and treatments.
TV+FA grants support a variety of clinical mental health and non-clinical essential support services for veterans and family members including but not limited to:
- Evidence-based therapies and treatment
- Individual, group, and family and couples peer support services
- Individual and family counseling
- Suicide prevention initiatives to help community members, veterans and their family members develop awareness and skills in recognizing, assisting and referring to mental health services
- Support services essential to mental health services such as child care, emergency financial support, transportation and housing assistance
- Navigation services such as case management and referral services
Veterans and family members seeking assistance and services should contact service providers directly. Click on the name of the grantee below to access website information.
- Dallas Metrocare Services
- Easter Seals Greater Houston
- Ecumenical Center
- Emergence Health Network
- Endeavors – Alamo
- Endeavors – El Paso
- Endeavors – Killeen
- Family Support Services of Amarillo
- Heart of Texas Behavioral Health Network
- LULAC Project Amistad
- Recovery Resource Council
- Samaritan Center for Counseling & Pastoral Care
- Tropical Texas Behavioral Health
- University of Texas at Austin
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- Warrior’s Refuge, a project of Castle Cares Community Ministries
- West Texas Counseling & Guidance
For more information on accessing behavioral health services in Texas, please visit https://MentalHealthTX.org.
To learn more about resources to veterans, visit the Texas Veterans Portal. For immediate assistance, please call 2-1-1 or (800) 252-VETS.
Veterans and family members can also access services on their smartphones through the Texas Veterans App. The app can be downloaded by using the search feature in Google Play, the App Store, or by visiting these links: