What is Personal Care Services?
Personal Care Services is a Medicaid benefit that helps clients with everyday tasks. These tasks are called activities of daily living and instrumental activities of daily living.
Examples of ADLs:
- Assisting with toileting
- Assisting with walking
Examples of IADLs:
- Light housework
- Meal preparation
To be eligible for PCS:
- Age birth through 20 and have Medicaid.
- Must have an ongoing disability, physical or mental illness that has been confirmed by a doctor or practitioner.
- Have a Practitioner Statement of Need signed by a practitioner (physician, advanced practice nurse, or physician assistant) who has examined you in the last twelve months.
- Need help with ADLs and IADLs based on the Personal Care Assessment Form.
- Give a reason why your responsible adult cannot help you with ADLs and IADLs.
For more information, or for questions about the PCS benefit, call the Texas Medicaid & Healthcare Partnership PCS Client Line toll free at 888-276-0702, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.