Advisors must issue benefits for the month of application and the following month at the same time if:
- an applicant files the application after the 15th of the month (including reapplications filed after the 15th of the month following the last benefit month);
- the household is eligible for the application month and the following month (including applicants eligible but not receiving an allotment for the application month because benefits prorate to less than $10); and
- advisors must prorate the initial month's benefits.
Note: For applicants who meet expedited criteria, advisors issue a combined allotment within expedited time frames, even if postponing verification.
Inform households receiving combined allotments:
- when the benefits will be available;
- that no additional benefits will be available until the third month; and
- that the third month’s benefits will be available on the regular issuance schedule.
TIERS identifies and issues benefits to households eligible for a combined allotment and holds the third month's benefits if the combined allotment certification has postponed verification.