Revision 22-3; Effective July 1, 2022
Document the date and method that advance notice of a home visit was provided and the date and time of the visit. An imaged copy of the appointment notice provided to the person is sufficient.
Document why a certain file date was used to determine eligibility when:
- the file date used differs from the received date on the application; or
- the application has two received dates.
- When a household requests additional programs after filing an application. This includes the requested program and the date of the request.
- The rationale used to make a prudent person principle decision and any applicable handbook references.
- That Form H0025, HHSC Application for Voter Registration, was given to the applicant, AR or representative payee under the Agency Use Only section of the application.
- On the application and on Form H1350, Opportunity to Register to Vote, in the Agency Use Only section, the actions taken when a person notifies HHSC that they declined the opportunity to register to vote after receipt of Form H0025.
- Information to support the eligibility decision in enough detail that others can understand all computations and advisor decisions.
TANF, SNAP and TP 08
For all interviews, staff must document:
- whether the person met phone interview criteria and a phone interview was not done for TANF and SNAP;
- how interpreter services were provided when the application indicates the person requested these services, including when staff conducted the interview and acted as an interpreter.
Document when designated staff request that a child born to a woman in prison be certified for TP 43.
When a grandparent, aunt, uncle, brother or sister requests to be the protective payee, document the:
- information the relative gives to support the claim that the parent is not using the TANF benefit for the child's needs;
- information obtained from collateral contacts, documents or both; and
- decision whether to designate the relative as the protective payee and AR.
- the name and address of the AR;
- that no one else is available, if a person disqualified for intentional program (IPV) or a nonmember living with the household is appointed as AR;
- the tax-exempt status [Section 501(c)(3)] for public or private homeless shelters, if applicable;
- expedited service eligibility by marking the appropriate box on Form H1010, Texas Works Application for Assistance - Your Texas Benefits, and explain if eligibility is questionable;
- the decision on the length of certification and reporting requirements for expedited service EDGs;
- whether a migrant is in or out of the workforce;
- the reason for entering a late determination date; and
- the reason why an appointment for an expedited applicant is not scheduled for an interview within the expedited time frame.