Licensing staff provide information about the licensing process to:
- potential applicants and applicants for a child care permit; and
- operations that hold child care permits.
Trained volunteers may also provide the information.
Texas Human Resources Code §42.047
If an applicant seeks a permit for a child care operation that is already operating, Licensing staff:
- inform the applicant that he or she is operating in violation of Human Resources Code, Chapter 42;
- cite the appropriate section of the law; and
- update in the Child Care Licensing Automated Support System (CLASS) the existing record for the illegal operation to maintain the operation number and history.