The Council on Sex Offender Treatment, which is administratively attached to HHSC, sets forth the standards of practice for the sex offender treatment providers in Texas.
For questions about CSOT, the licensing and regulation of sex offender treatment providers or the de-registration application process, refer to the "Contact Us" section of this page.
The Texas Civil Commitment Office oversees the administration and implementation of Texas' civil commitment program, which provides court-ordered treatment and supervision to persons civilly committed under the proceedings in Texas Health and Safety Code Chapter 841.
For all questions regarding civil commitment, please visit TCCO's website.
Find a Licensee
HHSC provides this roster for informational purposes only. Do not use this roster to verify the current status of a license. If you need to verify a license, please use our live online search or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to Email Updates
- Subscribe to email updates for the Council on Sex Offender Treatment.
- Read about privacy and email updates.
Council on Sex Offender Treatment
Mail Code 1982
P.O. Box 149347
Austin, TX 78714-9347
Main Number: 512-438-5446
News & Alerts
- August 7, 2020 – CSOT proposed change to 22 TAC §810.4(7) published in Texas Register with call for public comment (PDF)
- July 2, 2020 – CSOT adopted emergency amendments to 22 TAC §801.3(c)(1)(B)(ii), allowing online courses to satisfy education requirement for LSOTP license (PDF)
- June 2, 2020 – CSOT adopted emergency amendments, removing six-hour maximum of online continuing education per renewal period (PDF)
- March 20, 2020 – Governor Abbott Issues Executive Orders to Mitigate Spread of COVID-19 in Texas (PDF)
- March 19, 2020 – CSOT Notice of Enforcement Discretion during COVID-19 disaster, regarding use of online and telephone platforms to provide sex offender treatment (PDF)
- March 17, 2020 – Office for Civil Rights' Notification of Enforcement Discretion concerning good faith provision of telehealth during the COVID-19 emergency (PDF)