The Rural Access to Primary and Preventive Services program is one of four directed payment programs (DPPs) HHSC submitted to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for approval as part of the Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment Transition Plan. CMS approved RAPPS for state fiscal year (SFY) 2024 (Y3) on July 31, 2023.
RAPPS is a DPP for rural health clinics (RHCs) that incentivizes the provision of primary and preventive services to individuals enrolled in the STAR, STAR+PLUS, and STAR Kids Medicaid managed care programs.
The program includes two components:
- Component 1 provides a uniform dollar increase in the form of prospective, monthly payments to all participating RHCs. The amount of the increase varies by RHC class.
- Component 2 is a uniform percent rate increase for certain services to incentivize preventive care and services to manage individuals' chronic conditions.
SFY 2024 (Y3) Measures and Requirements
- Y3 Requirements (PDF) (2/23/2023)
- Y3 Measure Specifications and FAQs (Excel) (9/8/2023)
- Stakeholder Feedback for Y3 (PDF) (2/23/2023)
- Getting Ready for Quality Reporting (PDF) (6/29/2023)
- Webinar recording: Getting Ready for Quality Reporting (6/29/2023)
- Webinar slide deck: Getting Ready for Quality Reporting (PDF) (6/29/2023)
SFY 2023 (Y2) Measures and Requirements
- Y2 Requirements (PDF) (1/10/2022)
- Y2 Measure Specifications (Excel) (3/23/2023)
- Y2 Measure Specifications FAQs (Excel) (3/23/2023)
- Stakeholder Feedback for Y2 (PDF) (3/1/2022)
SFY 2022 (Y1) Measures and Requirements
- Y1 Requirements (PDF) (3/1/2022)
- Y1 Measure Specifications (Excel) (8/9/2022)
- Y1 Measure Specifications FAQs (Excel) (8/9/2022)
- Stakeholder Feedback for Y1 Proposals (PDF) (3/13/2021)
- Y1 Provider-Reported Data (Excel) (10/27/2022)
- HHSC Provider Finance Department has more enrollment, eligibility and payment information for RAPPS.
- For eligibility and financial questions, email PFD Hospitals.
- For questions on RAPPS quality requirements and reporting, email DPP Quality.
Reporting Portal Access
If you are participating in the RAPPS program, you will use the reporting portal to access templates, review technical guidance, and submit your quality reporting. If you need to add a user or change access, submit a contact change form.