Revision 20-3; Effective September 1, 2020
This section covers income that is exempt in both the eligibility and co-payment budgets.
Although it is necessary to look into the source and amount of all income, not all income is budgeted when determining eligibility and co-payment. Under federal requirements, some income is exempt from the eligibility budget and the budget to determine co-payment.
For the eligibility budget and co-payment budgets, if income meets certain criteria, document and verify if necessary, but do not include in the budget:
- exempt income in this section; and
- things that are not income (see E-1700), such as:
- medical care and services;
- certain social services;
- receipts from the sale of a resource;
- miscellaneous items, such as income tax refunds;
- proceeds of a loan;
- wage-related payments;
- mandatory payroll deductions; and
- cafeteria plans.