Have you heard we’re hiring?
Join a team that cares.
We have openings for the following:
- Food services workers
- Building maintenance workers
- Direct Support Professionals
- Social workers
- Physical therapists
- Behavioral health specialists
- Qualified intellectual disabilities professionals
Lufkin State Supported Living Center offers outstanding benefits and career advancement opportunities. Learn more at our careers page.
We serve people with intellectual and developmental disabilities who need medical, habilitative or behavioral supports beyond what’s available to them in the community. Our campus provides care and staff supervision 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
6844 N. U.S. Highway 69
Pollok, Texas 75969
- Opened in 1962.
- The living center is home to 240 people.
- 1,190 full-time positions.
- Managed by Director Gale Wasson.
- Serves a 28-county area: Anderson, Angelina, Bowie, Cass, Cherokee, Gregg, Harrison, Henderson, Houston, Jasper, Marion, Nacogdoches, Newton, Panola, Polk, Rains, Red River, Rusk, Sabine, San Augustine, San Jacinto, Shelby, Smith, Trinity, Tyler, Upshur, Van Zandt and Wood.
We encourage family members and friends to visit their loved ones at the facility. Please arrange your visit before coming and check in at the administration building when you arrive.
How to Arrange a Tour
- Educational and community tours are available and can be scheduled by calling the Community Relations Office at 936-853-8262.
- Press tours are available by calling 512-424-6951.
- Tours for possible admissions can be scheduled through the Admissions and Placement Coordinator by calling 936-853-8788.
Vocational services provide residents with workforce training and work opportunities in the community. Call 936-853-8301 to learn more.