What is an EVV Proprietary System?
An Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) proprietary system is an HHSC-approved EVV system that a program provider or Financial Management Services Agency (FMSA) may use instead of an EVV vendor system from the state vendor pool that:
- Is purchased or developed by a program provider or an FMSA.
- Is used to exchange EVV data with the EVV Aggregator.
- Complies with HHSC EVV Policy as it relates to EVV Proprietary Systems.
- Complies with HHSC EVV Business Rules for Proprietary Systems.
- Complies with the requirements of Texas Government Code Section 531.024172 or its successors.
A Proprietary System Operator (PSO) is a program provider or FMSA that has received HHSC approval to use an EVV proprietary system.
Refer to the EVV Policy Handbook, including section 5000 EVV Proprietary System, for more information.
How to Request HHSC Approval
Program providers and FMSAs must complete and submit the EVV Proprietary System Request Form to enter the PSO Onboarding Process. The form is located on the TMHP EVV Proprietary Systems webpage. Email TMHP for help with the form.
Program providers and FMSAs must select from the following onboarding paths based on the EVV system they have chosen.
- The Standard Path is for requesting approval to use an EVV system that has not been previously approved by HHSC.
- The Expedited Path is for requesting approval to use an existing operational EVV system that HHSC has previously approved. The list of approved EVV Proprietary Systems can be found on the TMHP EVV Proprietary Systems webpage.
HHSC reviews submitted EVV Proprietary System Request Forms to assign an Operational Readiness Review (ORR) session. The ORR session is a validation process to determine if a program provider or FMSA is approved to operate an EVV proprietary system. ORR sessions are assigned based on the date of receipt of a complete and signed EVV Proprietary System Request Form. Refer to the TMHP EVV Proprietary Systems webpage for a listing of ORR sessions.
HHSC does not directly reimburse program providers and FMSAs for the use of an EVV proprietary system. However, program providers and FMSAs can report costs related to their EVV proprietary system through established Medicaid cost reporting processes.
HHSC evaluates this data when setting future Medicaid rates. Not all Medicaid programs utilize cost reports.
Email the HHSC Provider Finance Department or contact your MCO for more information about Medicaid cost reporting.
Proprietary System Access and Training
MCOs and state staff can refer to the EVV Proprietary System Access and Training Guide (PDF) to request access and training from approved PSOs.
Email the TMHP EVV PSO inbox for technical questions about the EVV PSO approval paths, the EVV Proprietary System Request Form or the ORR session schedule.
Email the HHSC EVV PSO inbox to submit feedback or questions about the proprietary system process or policies.