What is an EVV Proprietary System?
An Electronic Visit Verification proprietary system is an HHSC-approved EVV system that a program provider or Financial Management Services Agency may opt to use instead of an EVV vendor system from the state vendor pool that:
- Is purchased or developed by a program provider or FMSA;
- Is used to exchange EVV information with the EVV Aggregator;
- Complies with Section 531.024172 of the Texas Government Code and
- Complies with all HHSC EVV standards, rules and reporting requirements.
EVV Proprietary System Approval Paths
A program provider and FMSA may seek HHSC approval to use an EVV proprietary system through two paths.
- Path 1 is the request process for a program provider or FMSA to use a system that has never been approved by HHSC.
- Path 2 is the request process for a program provider or FMSA to use an operational proprietary system that has been previously approved by HHSC. EVV Proprietary Systems Approved by HHSC can be found on the TMHP EVV Proprietary Systems webpage.
Refer to Proprietary System Approval Process Update (PDF) for more information about onboarding paths.
Operational Readiness Review Registration Requirements
An Operational Readiness Review (ORR) session is a validation process conducted by HHSC prior to the approval of an EVV Proprietary System Operator to operate an EVV proprietary system.
Program providers and FMSAs that want to register for an ORR session should submit the EVV Proprietary System Request Packet to TMHP at EVV_PSO@tmhp.com. Forms to complete the packet are located on the TMHP EVV Proprietary Systems webpage, and include the:
- EVV Proprietary System Request Form
- Proprietary System Detailed Questionnaire
- TMHP Interface Access Request
A program provider or FMSA must have a developed and compliant proprietary system which meets all HHSC requirements by the ORR session begin date for their chosen session.
HHSC allows program providers to report costs for developing and operating an EVV proprietary system in their Medicaid cost reports. HHSC also collected EVV cost information from FMSAs through a cost survey in 2021. HHSC considers these reports during its regular biennial fee reviews and legislative appropriation request process to calculate Medicaid reimbursement rates.
2022 Implementation Timeline
|Session||Connectivity Checkpoint with TMHP||Planning Meeting with Assigned Program Providers/FMSAs||ORR Begin Date||System Go-Live date|
|Session 1||Jan. 31, 2022||Feb. 22, 2022||March 1, 2022||45-90 days after approval from HHSC|
|Session 2||April 29, 2022||May 25, 2022||June 1, 2022||45-90 days after approval from HHSC|
|Session 3||July 28, 2022||Aug. 25, 2022||Sept. 1, 2022||45-90 days after approval from HHSC|
|Session 4||Oct. 31, 2022||Nov. 21, 2022||Dec. 1, 2022||45-90 days after approval from HHSC|
|Session||Planning Meeting with Assigned Program Providers/FMSAs||ORR Begin Date||System Go-Live date|
|Session 1||Jan. 10, 2022||Jan. 17, 2022||45-90 days after approval from HHSC|
|Session 2||April 11, 2022||April 18, 2022||45-90 days after approval from HHSC|
|Session 3||July 11, 2022||July 18, 2022||45-90 days after approval from HHSC|
|Session 4||Oct. 10, 2022||Oct. 17, 2022||45-90 days after approval from HHSC|
Proprietary System Access and Training
The EVV Proprietary System Access and Training Guide (PDF) provides a list of contacts for managed care organizations and state staff to request system access and training from approved EVV Proprietary System Operators.
To submit feedback or questions, email the HHSC EVV Proprietary Systems Mailbox.