Looking for guidance and tools to help you recruit, retain and support your valuable staff? You’re in luck! TWC, in partnership with the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) and Civitas Strategies Early Start, has compiled a series of videos and resources intended to give you the knowledge and tools to best support your staff, your business and, ultimately, the children and families in your care.
This new series of 8 webinars and accompanying written guides features best practices on topics such as:
- attracting the best talent, including how to write a job posting;
- how to vet and hire a candidate, including reviewing resumes, conducting interviews, reference checks and extending an offer;
- an onboarding guide for new employees;
- how to offer competitive compensation and give your staff bonuses;
- structuring and restructuring your benefits packages;
- considerations from the HHSC; and
- many more opportunities for professional development for your staff.
To view each resource and video, please visit our webpage on Attracting and Retaining Staff at childcare.texas.gov.
As always, if you would like individualized assistance on these, or other topics to support your business, consider signing up for personalized help from one of TWC’s free Business Coaches.