- News ReleaseMay 6, 2022Texas is raising awareness of National Women's Health Week beginning May 8 by encouraging women across the state to take care of their physical and mental health, and schedule important screenings for breast cancer and cervical cancer.
Topics: Health, Women
- News ReleaseJanuary 24, 2022HHSC is offering up to $5,000 bonuses for RNs and LVNs at SSLCs and state hospitals, as well as DSPs at SSLCs and PNAs at state hospitals.
Topics: Jobs, Health
- News ReleaseJanuary 6, 2022During National Cervical Health Awareness Month this January, Texas HHSC is encouraging women to get screened for cervical cancer.
- News ReleaseNovember 19, 2021HHS is connecting with Spanish-speaking Texans through Maya, a chatbot that provides information in Spanish about the WIC services available to new mothers and families with young children.
Topics: Children, Health, Women
- News ReleaseOctober 1, 2021October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and HHSC is encouraging women to get screened regularly for the disease.
Topics: Health, Women
- News ReleaseMay 10, 2021During National Women's Health Week HHSC is encouraging women and girls to take care of their physical and mental health.
Topics: Health, Mental Health, Women
- News ReleaseApril 30, 2021Texas has decreased its use of antipsychotic drugs in nursing facilities by 58 percent, according to a report from the National Partnership to Improve Dementia Care in Nursing Homes.
Topics: Long-term Care Providers, Aging, Health
- News ReleaseJanuary 13, 2021In observance of January as National Cervical Health Awareness Month, HHS is encouraging women to get screened for cervical cancer and utilize the Breast and Cervical Cancer Services program.
Topics: Women, Health
- News ReleaseNovember 12, 2020Construction crews are busy at work on a nearly $200 million project to build a 227,000 square-foot patient complex and replace the administration building at Rusk State Hospital.
Topics: Health, Mental Health
- News ReleaseSeptember 24, 2020Texas HHSC has secured a two-year, $104 million grant from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration to help people and families negatively impacted by opioids.
Topics: Substance Use, Mental Health, Health