Downloading a Form to Your Computer
Fillable forms cannot be viewed on mobile or tablet devices. Follow the steps below to download and view the form on a desktop PC or Mac.
- Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac on the PDF link and click “Save link as” from the menu.
- Select the folder you want to save the file in and then click "Save."
- Navigate to the folder you saved the file in and Right Click for PC or Ctrl + Click for Mac, then select "Open With" from the menu and select Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
Note: Open the PDF file from your desktop or Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Do not click on the downloaded file at the bottom of the browser since it will not open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. It will try to open the file in the browser that results in the same browser error message.
To provide HHSC staff with
- an employer-completed verification of employment, wages, mandatory withholdings and deductions.
- a source for documenting earned income and projecting changes in income when other methods are unavailable or insufficient.
When to Prepare
Use Form H1028-A when a client cannot furnish sufficient verification of income or mandatory deductions. Staff send the form to the employer for completion.
Number of Copies
Send the employer Form H1028-A with an addressed, postage-paid envelope.
File the completed form in the appropriate section of the case record.
On the first page of the form, enter the employer's name and address in the window space. Enter the date the form is prepared and the HHSC staff person's name, office address, telephone number and FAX number in the spaces provided.
Enter the employee's name and Social Security number in the appropriate spaces and all other required information at the bottom of page one of the form.
On page two of the form above the chart, enter the month(s) that wage information is needed.
The employer completes the rest of the form. All items are self-explanatory.