Texas Department of State Health Services, Moreton Building, Room M-100
1100 West 49th Street, Austin, TX
This meeting will be webcast. Members of the public may attend the meeting in person at the address above or access a live stream of the meeting at https://texashhsmeetings.org/HHSWebcast. Select the tab for the Moreton M-100 Live on the date and time for this meeting. Please e-mail Webcasting@hhsc.state.tx.us if you have any problems with the webcasting function.
This meeting will also be conducted via videoconference call in accordance with the requirements of Section 551.127, Government Code. The member of the Committee presiding over the meeting will be physically present at the location specified above.
Attendees who would like to provide public comment should see the Public Comment section below.
- Call to order, welcome, roll call, and introductions
- Consideration of June 3, 2022, draft meeting minutes
- Recognition of Texas Maternal Mortality and Morbidity Review Committee Members
- Perinatal Psychiatric Access Network (PeriPAN)
- Subcommittee on Maternal Health Disparities update
- Texas Maternal Mortality and Morbidity Review Committee Operational and Maternal Health and Safety Initiatives updates
- Updated Findings from the Completed 2013 Pregnancy-Associated Death Cohort
- Texas Maternal Mortality and Morbidity Review Committee and Department of State Health Services Joint Biennial Report, 2022, Findings and Recommendations
- Future agenda items
- Public Comment
- Executive Session: to review cases under Health and Safety Code, Section 34.007 as authorized by Section 34.004
Public comment may be taken on any agenda item.
Public Comment: DSHS welcomes public comments pertaining to Texas maternal mortality and morbidity. Members of the public who would like to provide public comment may choose from the following options:
- Oral comments provided virtually: Members of the public must pre-register to provide oral comments virtually during the meeting by completing a Public Comment Registration form at https://texashhsmeetings.org/MMMRC_PCReg_Sept2022 no later than 5:00 p.m. Wednesday, August 31, 2022. Please mark the correct box on the Public Comment Registration form and provide your name, either the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen, and your direct phone number. If you have completed the Public Comment Registration form, you will receive an email the day before the meeting with instructions for providing virtual public comment. Public comment is limited to three minutes. Each speaker providing oral public comments virtually must ensure their face is visible and their voice audible to the other participants while they are speaking. Each speaker must state their name and on whose behalf they are speaking (if anyone). If you pre-register to speak and wish to provide a handout before the meeting, please submit an electronic copy in accessible PDF format that will be distributed by HHS staff to MMMRC members and State staff. Handouts are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only). Handouts must be emailed to MaternalHealth@dshs.texas.gov immediately after pre-registering, but no later than 5:00 p.m. Wednesday, August 31, 2022 and include the name of the person who will be commenting. Do not include health or other confidential information in your comments or handouts. Staff will not read handouts aloud during the meeting, but handouts will be provided to MMMRC members and State staff.
- Written comments: Members of the public may provide written public comments by completing a Public Comment Registration form at https://texashhsmeetings.org/MMMRC_PCReg_Sept2022. A member of the public who wishes to provide written public comments must email the comments to MaternalHealth@dshs.texas.gov no later than 5:00 p.m. Wednesday, August 31, 2022. Please include your name and the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen. Written comments must be emailed to DSHS immediately after pre-registering and include the name of the person who will be commenting. Written comments are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only). Do not include health or other confidential information in your comments. Staff will not read written comments aloud during the meeting, but comments will be provided to MMMRC members and State staff.
- Oral comments provided in-person at the meeting location: Members of the public may provide oral public comment during the meeting in person at the meeting location either by pre-registering using the form above or without pre-registering by completing a form at the entrance to the meeting room. Do not include health or other confidential information in your comments.
Note: These procedures may be revised at the discretion of HHSC.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Sarah Beard at (512) 776-2907. Due to COVID-19, the staff is teleworking. Please leave a message, and staff will return your call. You may also email questions to MaternalHealth@dshs.texas.gov.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
Persons with disabilities who wish to attend the meeting and require assistive technology or services should contact Sarah Beard at 512-776-2907 or Sarah.Beard@dshs.texas.gov at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.