Texas Health and Human Services Commission, North Austin Complex, Room 1.401
4601 W. Guadalupe St., Austin, Texas
Location: For Members of the Public, the Physical Location of the Conference call will be:
Texas Health and Human Services Commission, North Austin Complex, Room 1.401, 4601 W. Guadalupe St., Austin, Texas 78751
Attendees who would like to provide public comment may do so in person or in writing as described in the Public Comment section below.
TRAB’s Topic Research Committee will convene as posted to hear, consider, discuss and take formal action, as applicable and necessary, on the following agenda items:
- Call to Order
- Roll call of committee members present.
- Review and, as needed, discuss and take possible action concerning amendment and/or approval of the minutes of the March 25, 2022, TRAB Topic Research Committee meeting.
- Public Comments
- Routine and Continuing Business.
- New Business:
- High Level Waste disposal.
- Update of 2022 Strategic Plan Goals
- Identify any additional topics that need further research to be addressed by the TRAB Topic Research Committee
- Identify topics to recommend for further discussion and/or to be addressed at future meetings of the Topic Research Committee; Medical Committee; Industrial, Nuclear Power, Uranium, and Waste (INUW) Committee; or TRAB
- Summarize the TRAB Topic Research Committee meeting and review the recommendations for Committee Report and proposed action items for TRAB or future agenda items for TRAB, the Medical Committee, the Topic Research Committee, or the INUW Committee
Members of the public are asked to complete a Public Comment Form at:
Members of the public who would like to provide public comment may do so in person at the physical location of the meeting.
Members of the public are encouraged to participate in this process by providing written public comment to DSHS by emailing email@example.com no later than 5:00 pm June 22, 2022.
- Please include your name and either the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen.
- Written comments are limited to three minutes and will be read during the meeting for consideration by the Topic Research Committee.
If you would like to register to provide oral comments, please mark the correct box on the Public Comment Form.
Instructions for providing oral comments will be emailed to you.
Registration should be completed no later than 5:00 pm on June 22, 2022.
- The request must contain your name and either the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen, and your direct phone number.
- Public comment is limited to three minutes. Speakers must state their name and on whose behalf they are speaking.
- Public members who are using handouts are asked to provide an electronic copy in accessible Adobe (*.pdf) format that will be distributed by HHS staff to TRAB Topic Research Committee members, State staff, and for public distribution. Handouts are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5" by 11", one side only) of documentation. Handouts must be emailed to DSHS immediately after registering and include the name of the person who will be commenting.
Note: These procedures may be revised at the discretion of DSHS.
Chair: Darshan Schade firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice-Chair: Mark Harvey email@example.com
Department of State Health Services, Radiation Control Program: Gem Naivar telephone 737-218-7071 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
At the discretion of the Chair, agenda items may be taken in any order and public comment may be permitted in connection with any agenda item. An individual who wishes to speak on an issue that falls under the Board’s jurisdiction shall be heard during the Public Comment agenda item.
This meeting is open to the public.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and require auxiliary aids or services are asked to contact Gem Naivar, Department of State Health Services, at 737-218-7071 or email@example.com at least 72 hours before the meeting so that appropriate arrangements may be made.