Texas WIC strives to improve the health and well-being of Texas and WIC families by educating, empowering, and supporting women to breastfeed.
Breastfeeding Help and Information
- Mother-Friendly Worksite
- National Breastfeeding Month
- African American Breastfeeding Promotion
- Texas 10 Step Program
Texas Lactation Support Centers and Hotline
Lactation hotline: 1-855-550-6667
Lactation specialists provide answers to breastfeeding questions and give referral numbers of lactation specialists local to the Texas caller. This hotline is available to anyone in Texas.
Lactation Support Centers
Free support and appointments with a lactation consultant are available to all Texas families.
- Mom’s Place – Austin
- The Lactation Foundation – Houston
- Lactation Care Center – Dallas
- Lactation Care Center of the Rio Grande Valley – McAllen
To find a lactation consultant in another area of Texas, visit the Texas Lactation Support Directory.
For more information on Texas lactation support, contact:
Andrea Urquidez, RD
State WIC Breastfeeding Coordinator
Surveys and Reports
- Mother-Friendly Worksite Program Reports
- Born-to-WIC Breastfeeding Rates by total enrollment
- Findings from the 2013 Texas WIC Infant Feeding Practices Survey (PDF)
- Findings from the 2016 Texas WIC Infant Feeding Practices Survey (PDF)
- Findings from the 2018 Texas WIC Infant Feeding Practices Survey (PDF)
- WIC Breastfeeding Research Report - Dec 2018 (PDF)
- Provider Breastfeeding Support Focus Group Report – Dec. 2019 (PDF)
- Provider Breastfeeding Support Focus Group Presentation – Dec. 2019 (PPTX)