People with disabilities have much to offer employers and their communities. The Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) works with employers to match them with job applicants with disabilities who can add value to a business as they live the life they want.
HHSC provides ongoing training opportunities, both in-person and via recorded webinars. This page will have a growing, comprehensive list of recorded webinars for training opportunities. Webinars will be listed below as they become available. Each webinar will include a short description, the ideal audience who may benefit from the training, and the URL to access the training.
Employment First / Employment Services Training (presented Fall 2021) This training is specifically designed for any staff member who has a role in supporting people who set employment goals or people with direct, hands-on roles such as service coordinators, employment specialists, direct care staff, day habilitation staff and job coaches, supervisors and others who support individuals as they pursue competitive and integrated employment. The Topics include:
- Overview of Texas Employment First Policy
- Employment services in Medicaid waivers
- Basic facts on Social Security Administration disability benefits
- Basic facts on developing an employment profile and vocational assessment
- Building connections and working with families
- Development of soft skills and job-readiness skills
- Basic overview of applications and tablets for use as job coaches
- Building and maintaining strong employer relationships
If you have questions on training opportunities or other Employment First related questions, you can contact us at email@example.com.