Have you heard we’re hiring?
Join a team that cares.
We have openings for:
- Food Service Workers
- Building Maintenance Workers
- Psychiatric Nursing Assistants
- Social Workers
We offer outstanding benefits and career advancement opportunities.
Learn more at our careers page.
Waco Center for Youth (WCY) is a long-term psychiatric residential treatment facility serving teens ages 13-17 experiencing emotional and behavioral issues. Our treatment philosophy centers on finding the patient’s strengths and then teaching skills as needed. We are accredited under the Behavioral Health Care Standards of the Joint Commission (PDF) and offer a rich program with comprehensive services.
3501 North 19th Street
Waco, TX 76708
All potential applicants must be referred from either a local mental health authority, a state hospital or Child Protective Services. Only the legal guardian of a child can apply for services at a state hospital and must do so through a local mental health authority.
Basic criteria for admissions:
- Be at least 13 years old and no older than 17.
- Finish the program before turning 18.
- Psychiatric diagnosis of emotional or behavioral disability.
- History of behavior problems in at least two settings.
Our program services include education as well as individual, family and group therapy. Medication management, medical services, and dietary and nutrition services are also available.
Our therapeutic recreation program includes an equine program and a challenge course. Clients will receive social and self-regulation skills training as well as spiritual development, if requested.
Volunteer at Waco Center for Youth! Whether it’s for a day or a long-term basis, we welcome individuals and groups to volunteer at our campus for a variety of opportunities, including:
- Helping with events, such as music festivals, dances, or holiday celebrations.
- Landscaping, painting, or interior decorating.
- Teaching art or music.
- Helping with recreational activities like playing games or reading.
- Serving on a non-profit board.