Have you heard we’re hiring?
Join a team that cares.
We have openings for the following:
- Building Maintenance Workers
- Psychiatric Nursing Assistants
- Social Workers
We offer outstanding benefits and career advancement opportunities.
The Austin State Hospital provides:
- Adult psychiatric services.
- Child and adolescent psychiatric services.
- Forensic competency restoration services.
- Specialty psychiatric services for people who are older or have an intellectual or developmental disability.
Patients typically stay several days to a few months. Treatment focuses on stabilizing acute psychiatric illnesses and eventually returning to the community where they can continue to heal through community-based options.
Austin, TX 78751
If you want to visit Austin State Hospital (ASH), either as an individual or as part of a group, please call the Community Relations Office at 512-419-2330.
We offer low-cost overnight accommodations for up to four families of patients at the hospital. The Family House is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. To arrange a visit, please contact an ASH social worker. Please call the ASH switchboard at 512-452-0381 if you’re calling outside the hours of 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
If you are interested in learning more about the Family House and how you can help, call 512-419-2330.
Volunteer at Austin State Hospital! Whether it’s for a day or a long-term basis, we welcome individuals and groups to volunteer at our campus for a variety of opportunities, including:
- Helping with events, such as music festivals, dances, or holiday celebrations.
- Landscaping, painting, or interior decorating.
- Teaching art or music.
- Helping with recreational activities like playing games or reading.
- Serving on a non-profit board.