Who is eligible for Community Hospital services?
This service is available to Texas residents of any age. Admission is at the recommendation of a local mental health authority or local behavioral health authority and is based on a crisis assessment. The assessment must indicate the person:
- Is a danger to self or others.
- Cannot care for themselves.
How Do I get Community Hospital services?
- Contact your local mental health authority or local behavioral health authority
- Call 2-1-1 and ask for the LMHA or LBHA in your area.
- Call your local substance use provider or outreach, screening, assessment and referral center for your region.