The statewide Alternatives to Abortion program promotes childbirth and provides support services to pregnant women and their families, adoptive parents, and parents who have experienced miscarriage or the loss of a child.
- Counseling, mentoring, educational information and classes on pregnancy, parenting, adoption, life skills and employment readiness.
- Material assistance, such as car seats, clothing, diapers and formula.
- Care coordination through referrals to government assistance programs and other social services programs.
- Call center for information and appointment scheduling.
- Housing and support services through maternity homes.
Who Is Eligible?
The program is available to any Texas resident who is a U.S. citizen or legal immigrant and is:
- The biological mother or father of an unborn child.
- The biological mother or father of a child, for up to three years postpartum.
- The parent, legal guardian or adult caregiver of a minor who is a program client.
- A parent who has experienced miscarriage or loss of a child. These clients are eligible to receive counseling, referrals and other relevant services for up to 90 days after the miscarriage or loss.
- An adoptive parent of a child of any age, for up to two years after adoption finalization.
How Do I Apply?
Contact one of the following HHS contracted service providers serving people statewide:
Longview Wellness Center
Call 903-758-2610 or 888-811-6648 (toll-free)
The Pregnancy Network
Operated by the Human Coalition
Visit the Pregnancy Network’s website
Texas Pregnancy Care Network
Visit the Texas Pregnancy Care Network’s website