Get a FREE handbook that can help you on your road to fitness.
No matter your age when you start, exercise has proven benefits such as:
- Helping boost your calorie-burning ability.
- Helping you feel better.
- Giving you a sense of achievement.
- Increasing your self-confidence.
- Improving your general sense of well-being.
- Helping you look good by toning your body.
Despite what you might see on TV or in magazines, starting a regular exercise program doesn't require you to join a gym or buy expensive gear. Anyone can safely do some form of physical activity at little to no cost.
Tips for Success
Texercise was created to help older Texans improve their health and become more fit. Here are some ways you can make Texercise work for you.
- Pick a regular day and time for physical activity. Having a routine helps.
- Exercise 3-5 times a week for 30 minutes.
- Work out with a friend, and include activities you enjoy.
- Wear loose-fitting, weather-appropriate clothes that let you move freely. Wear comfortable shoes, preferably athletic shoes that provide good support and don't cause blisters or calluses.
- Learn to do the exercises correctly and safely.
Be patient; success won't happen overnight. It takes at least 3 weeks of regular exercise to start noticing changes in your body.