The Texas Medicaid and CHIP Reference Guide, often referred to as the "Pink Book", provides an overview of the Texas Medicaid and CHIP programs. This 14th edition includes the following sections targeted at answering central questions about Texas Medicaid/CHIP:
- Quick facts about Medicaid and CHIP.
- Chapter 1: Who can get Medicaid or CHIP and how can they get it?
- Chapter 2: What Medicaid and CHIP services are available to Texans?
- Chapter 3: How does HHSC make sure clients get good care?
- Chapter 4: What are the financial features of Medicaid and CHIP?
- Chapter 5: What is the governing framework for Medicaid and CHIP?
14th Edition, December 2022
13th Edition, December 2020
Email MedicaidChipCommunication@hhs.texas.gov with questions, to request an accessible version of the 14th edition, or to request copies of previous editions..