The County Indigent Health Care Program helps low-income Texas residents who don’t qualify for other state or federal health care programs have access to health care services.
The program is administered by local counties, hospital districts and public hospitals. Eligible services for qualified individuals include but are not limited to:
- Medical screening services
- Annual physical examinations
- Inpatient and outpatient hospital visits
- Laboratory and radiology
- Skilled nursing facility services
Who Is Eligible for Services?
The program is available to anyone who:
- lives in Texas,
- has an income level at or below 21% of federal poverty guidelines,
- has resources less than $2,000, and
- is not eligible for Medicaid.
How Do I Apply for Services?
To apply for services, contact the local indigent health care program in your county. To locate a local office, visit 211Texas.org.