Have you heard we’re hiring?
Join a team that cares.
We have openings for the following:
- Food service workers
- Building maintenance workers
- Direct Support Professionals
- Social workers
Denton State Supported Living Center offers outstanding benefits and career advancement opportunities. Learn more at our careers page.
We serve people with intellectual and developmental disabilities who need medical, habilitative or behavioral supports beyond what’s available to them in the community. Our campus provides care and staff supervision 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
3980 State School Road
Denton, Texas 76210
- Opened in 1960.
- The 189-acre living center is home to 393 people.
- 1,727 full-time positions.
- Managed by Director Nancy Condon.
- Serves an 18-county area: Camp, Collin, Cooke, Dallas, Delta, Denton, Ellis, Fannin, Franklin, Grayson, Hopkins, Hunt, Kaufman, Lamar, Morris, Navarro, Rockwall and Titus.
We encourage family members and friends to visit their loved ones at our facility. Please arrange your visit before coming and check in at the administration building when you arrive.
How to Arrange a Tour
- Call the living center’s Community Relations Office at 940-891-0342.
- Press tours are available by calling 512-424-6951.
The Respite House is a four-bedroom, two-bathroom house available to friends and loved ones. It has a full kitchen, dining room and family room. We provide linens, towels and kitchen equipment, as well as a washer and dryer. Call 940-891-0342 to make reservations.
The Shotton House is a one-bedroom, one-bathroom apartment available to friends and loved ones. The kitchen has a microwave and a coffeepot. It also has eating utensils, bed and bath linens. Call 940-891-0342 to make reservations.
Vocational services provide residents with training and work opportunities in the community. Call 940-591-3140 to learn more.