Have you heard we’re hiring?
Join a team that cares.
We have openings for the following:
- Food service workers
- Building maintenance workers
- Direct Support Professionals
- Social workers
We offer outstanding benefits and career advancement opportunities. Learn more at our careers page.
The Austin State Supported Living Center serves people with intellectual and developmental disabilities who need medical, habilitative, or behavioral support beyond what’s available to them in the community. Our campus provides care and staff supervision 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
2203 W. 35th St.
Austin, Texas 78703
- Opened in 1917.
- The 95-acre living center is home to 182 people.
- There are 1,192 full-time positions.
- Managed by Director Alan Walters.
- Serves a 28-county area: Bandera, Bastrop, Blanco, Burnet, Caldwell, Comal, Edwards, Fayette, Gillespie, Gonzales, Guadalupe, Hays, Kendall, Kerr, Kimble, Kinney, Lee, Llano, Mason, Medina, Menard, Real, Schleicher, Sutton, Travis, Uvalde, Val Verde and Williamson.
We encourage family members and friends to visit their loved ones at our facility. We request that all visitors coordinate their visit before coming.
How to Arrange a Tour
- Call the living center’s Community Relations Office at 512-454-4731 to schedule a public tour.
- Press tours are available by calling 512-424-6951.
Vocational services provide residents with training and work opportunities in the community. Call 512-374-6440 to learn more.