Have you heard we’re hiring?
Join a team that cares.
We have openings in the following areas:
- Food service
- Building maintenance
- Direct Support Professionals
- Social workers
We offer outstanding benefits and career advancement opportunities. Learn more at our careers page.
We serve people with intellectual and developmental disabilities who need medical, habilitative, or behavioral support beyond what’s available to them in the community. Our campus is home to those we serve, providing them with care and staff supervision 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
2501 Maple St.
- Opened in 1957.
- The 200-acre living center is home to 286 people.
- There are 1,430 full-time positions.
- It is managed by Director Linda Hinshaw.
- The living center serves 18 counties: Brown, Callahan, Coleman, Comanche, Eastland, Erath, Hood, Johnson, Jones, McCulloch, Mills, Palo Pinto, Parker, San Saba, Shackelford, Somervell, Stephens and Taylor.
We encourage family members and friends to visit their loved ones at the facility. Please arrange your visit before coming and check in at the administration building upon arrival.
How to Arrange a Tour
- Public tours are available by contacting the living center’s Community Relations Office at 325-795-3547.
- Press tours are available by calling 512-424-6951.
Vocational services provide residents with workforce training and work opportunities in the community. Call 325-795-3619 to learn more.
Volunteer at Abilene State Supported Living Center! Whether it’s for a day or a long-term basis, we welcome individuals and groups to volunteer at our campus for a variety of opportunities, including:
- Helping with events, such as music festivals, dances, or holiday celebrations.
- Landscaping, painting, or interior decorating.
- Teaching art or music.
- Helping with recreational activities like playing games or reading.
- Serving on a non-profit board.