This guide was designed for people who want to improve employment outcomes for people with disabilities including Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) employees, contracted case managers and service coordinators, service providers, and people who receive HHSC services and their families.
While some parts of the guide focus on employment services programs, the rest applies to all HHSC program participants. As such, all stakeholders are encouraged to use it.
- Recommended roles and responsibilities at each stage of a job search
- Strategies for overcoming the transportation obstacle
- Tools and guidance for coordinating services with the Texas Workforce Solutions - Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- Index of HHSC rules related to employment supports
- Information about Medicaid Buy-In, and other ways to maintain needed services while working
- Description of Social Security Administration work incentives