Choosing the service responsibility option (SRO) allows you to balance control and responsibility over your program services. You supervise your attendants and the agency handles all of the paperwork.
If you choose SRO, you or your designated representative:
- interview and select your attendants;
- train and supervise your attendants; and
- set schedules for your attendants.
Your provider agency:
- Provides you with good applicants to interview, if you like.
- Hires your attendant.
- Sends a substitute if other plans fall through.
- Sets wages and benefits for your attendants.
- Manages time sheets, payroll and employment records.
SRO is available in Bexar County as well as the Panhandle and South Plains regions of the state in these programs:
- Community Attendant Services (CAS)
- Family Care (FC)
- Primary Home Care (PHC)