Reporting a Privacy Incident

HHS Consumer

If you need to report a privacy violation, file a complaint with Texas Health and Human Services by calling 2-1-1 or 877-541-7905, toll-free. If you are hearing or speech impaired, you may call 7-1-1 or 800-735-2989 (TTY).

Or you can complete the Form H0404 Privacy Complaint available in English and Spanish and send it to:

HHS Privacy Division
P.O. Box 149030
Mail Code 1355
Austin, TX 78714

Or you may email your complaint to the HHS Privacy Division.

You also may file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, Region VI, 1301 Young St., Suite 1169, Dallas, TX 75202. You can learn more about filing a complaint on the Health Information Privacy Filing a Complaint webpage.