This form is used to request a background check.
All operations, except listed family homes, submit background checks through the operation’s online Child Care Regulation Account unless the person for whom you are submitting the background check does not have any of the following types of identification:
- Social Security number;
- driver’s license number;
- state-issued identification number;
- Canadian social insurance number;
- military identification card number;
- passport number; or
- permanent resident card identification number.
Listed family home operations have the option to submit background checks either through the online Child Care Regulation Account or by using this form.
How do I Submit This Form to CBCU?
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax to 512-339-5871; or
- mail to:
Texas Health and Human Services Commission
Centralized Background Check Unit
Mail Code 121-7
P.O. Box 149030
Austin, TX 78714-9030
CBCU will return this form if:
- your operation is a licensed child care center, school-age program, before- or after-school program, licensed child care home, registered home, employer-based child care operation, shelter care operation, or residential care provider; and
- the person does not meet the required identification exception above.
CCR FAQs Related to Background Checks:
Child Care Regulation Background Checks: https://www.hhs.texas.gov/providers/protective-services-providers/child-care-regulation/child-care-regulation-background-checks