Proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9 (PCSK9) inhibitors are FDA-approved for use with diet and adjunct treatment with maximally-tolerated statin therapy in adults with familial hypercholesterolemia or those with atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease (ASCVD) whose low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C) is not adequately maintained with the current available treatments. The American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology recommends lifestyle modifications including a healthy diet and physical exercise to improve LDL-C levels. Approvals for PCSK9 inhibitors will be granted for a period of six months.
When to Prepare
- Only use this form for people enrolled in Medicaid fee-for-service.
- Prescribing providers should contact the appropriate managed care organization for prior authorization requirements for people enrolled in managed care.
- The prescribing provider should sign and submit all requests. Complete all requested information or document why information is not available.
- Fax: 866-617-8864
- Attention: Texas Prior Authorization Call Center
- Direct questions about this form to the Texas Prior Authorization Call Center at 877-PA-TEXAS (877-728-3927).