Texas WIC strives to improve the health and well-being of Texas and WIC families by educating, empowering, and supporting women to breastfeed.
Breastfeeding Help and Information
- Texas 10 Step Program
- Mother-Friendly Worksite
- National Breastfeeding Month
- African American Breastfeeding Promotion
Texas Lactation Support Centers and Hotline
Lactation Hotline: 855-550-6667
Lactation consultants are available 24/7 at no cost to assist with breastfeeding questions and concerns. This hotline is available to anyone in Texas.
Lactation Support Centers
Free support and appointments with a lactation consultant are available to all Texas families.
- Mom’s Place – Austin
- Lactation Care Center – Dallas
- The Lactation Foundation – Houston
- Lactation Care Center of the Rio Grande Valley – McAllen
- San Antonio Lactation Care Center
To find a lactation consultant in another area of Texas, visit the Texas Lactation Support Directory.
For more information on Texas lactation support, contact:
Nikki Morrow, IBCLC, RLC
State WIC Breastfeeding Coordinator
Surveys and Reports
- Mother-Friendly Worksite Program Reports
- Born-to-WIC Breastfeeding Rates by total enrollment
- Findings from the 2013 Texas WIC Infant Feeding Practices Survey (PDF)
- Findings from the 2016 Texas WIC Infant Feeding Practices Survey (PDF)
- Findings from the 2018 Texas WIC Infant Feeding Practices Survey (PDF)
- WIC Breastfeeding Research Report - Dec 2018 (PDF)
- Provider Breastfeeding Support Focus Group Report – Dec. 2019 (PDF)
- Provider Breastfeeding Support Focus Group Presentation – Dec. 2019 (PPTX)