Submit your QIPP data online. Note: Supported browsers for data submission include Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.
The Quality Incentive Payment Program (QIPP) is a state directed payment program (DPP) designed to help nursing facilities achieve transformation in care quality through innovation.
QIPP was first implemented on Sept. 1, 2017. In August 2022, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) approved QIPP for state fiscal year (SFY) 2024—its seventh year.
Final performance requirements for QIPP Year 7, reporting templates, timelines and other provider resources are available on the QIPP Resources webpage.
Learn More About QIPP
This page includes an overview of QIPP and recent program updates. For information about past years, visit QIPP Overview and History.
If you have questions, please email QIPP.
Who Can Participate in QIPP?
Two classes of Texas nursing facility (providers) serving residents enrolled in STAR+PLUS Medicaid are eligible to participate:
- Non-state governmental owned entities (NSGO).
- Privately-owned facilities that have a percentage of Medicaid NF days of service that is greater than or equal to 65%.
Providers earn payments for meeting participation and performance requirements for up to four components:
- Component One: Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QAPI).
- Component Two: Workforce Development.
- Component Three: Minimum Data Set (MDS) CMS Five-Star Quality Measures.
- Component Four: Infection Prevention and Control Program.
If you are an NSGO facility, you are eligible to participate in all four components. If you are an eligible privately-owned facility, you can participate only in Components Two and Three.
Proposed SFY 2025 (Y8) Measures and Associated Reporting Requirements
HHSC facilitated stakeholder workgroup meetings in September and October 2023 for QIPP Y8 as is proposing the following quality metrics and performance requirements:
After reviewing stakeholder feedback, HHSC will publish revised quality metrics and performance requirements. The revised quality metrics will be published on or before Feb. 1, 2024, and submitted to CMS for annual program review and approval. The final quality metrics and performance requirements will be announced via GovDelivery alert, following CMS' approval.
Program Payments and Financial Structure
Visit the QIPP Provider Finance website for more information about Program-year specific information on:
- Nursing facility eligibility and enrollment.
- Estimated Component Values and Suggested inter-governmental transfer (IGT).
- Changes of ownership (CHOW).
- Published scorecards for incentive payments, and quality metric targets.
- Quick reference for due dates throughout the program
A list of Managed Care Organization Contacts (PDF).
An overview of QIPP Program History, Rules and Regulations is presented on the QIPP Overview and History page.