Your Day Habilitation Service is changing, find out more (PDF).
What is TxHmL?
TxHmL provides selected essential services and supports to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities who live in their family homes or their own homes.
- Infection Prevention and Control Measures for Common Infections in LTC Facilities (PDF)
- COVID-19 FAQ for HCS and TxHmL Providers with General Questions also Applicable to ICF/IID (PDF)
Contact Program Staff
- Provider/policy information: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contracting information: 512-438-3234 / IDDWaiverContractEnrollment@hhsc.state.tx.us
- Eligibility information: Your local authority
- Regional nurses: Community Services regional contacts for your region
Explanation of the TxHmL Program brochure explains the types of services and supports provided to Texas with developmental disabilities or a related condition so they can continue to live with their families or in their own homes.
Your Rights in the Texas Home Living Program brochure explains the rights and privileges consumers have when receiving services through the program.
- Your Rights in a TxHmL Program brochure (PDF in English)
- Your Rights in a TxHmL Program brochure (PDF in Spanish)
Statutes and Rules
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 26, Part 1, Chapter 262: Texas Home Living (TxHmL) Program and Community First Choice (CFC)
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 26, Part 1, Chapter 566: Texas Home Living Program (TxHmL) and Community First Choice (CFC)
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 40, Part 1, Chapter 41: Consumer-Directed Services
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 40, Part 1, Chapter 49: Contracting for Community Services
Other Rules and Statutes
Review Tools and Forms
- Provider and LIDDA CARE Report Crosswalk (PDF)
- Provider and LIDDA CARE Screen Crosswalk (PDF)
- Comprehensive Nursing Assessment (PDF)
- HCS and TxHmL Transformation Webinar (PDF)
- Interpretive Guidance Booklet (PDF)
- HCS & TxHmL Certification Principles Webinar Series: Participant Q&A (PDF)
- Regulation of Individual Skills and Socialization webinar (PDF)
- Regulation of Individual Skills and Socialization webinar recording
IDD and PI Quarterly Webinars
- April 23, 2023, IDD and PI Quarterly Webinar (PDF)
- July 19, 2023, IDD and PI Quarterly Webinar (PDF)
- October 31, 2023, IDD and PI Quarterly Webinar (PDF)