This is for new construction, remodeled buildings or buildings that have never been licensed.
- Completed license applications must be submitted 45 days before the building is expected to conform to the Life Safety Code and architectural requirements.
- The applicant must submit written notice to the Health and Human Services Commission that the center is ready for Life Safety Code inspection no later than 120 days after the HHSC Licensing and Credentialing section receives the application.
- After meeting Life Safety Code requirements, the applicant must send written notice to HHSC indicating the center is ready for a health inspection. The health inspection request must be submitted no later than 120 days after the date the center meets the building requirements.
- HHSC will deny an application that remains incomplete 120 days after the date that the HHSC Licensing and Credentialing section receives the application.
License Application Required Documents
- Visit the TULIP website for application forms and instructions
- A letter of credit for $250,000 from a bank that is insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
- Management Company Agreement, if applicable
- Copy of written notification to the local health authority that the applicant is submitting a license application to HHSC
- A copy of an approved inspection of the center by the local fire marshal
- Written notice to HHSC that the center is ready for a Life Safety Code inspection
- Property documents (lease, sublease or deed)
- A copy of the results of the PPECC pre-licensure computer-based training §for the administrator
- Required legal entity documents for applicant (and management company if applicable).
- Initial license and renewal fee (includes change of ownership and relocation): $2,625
- Increase in capacity: $1,312.50
- The late fee (relating to Renewal License Application Procedures and Issuance) is $50 per day to a license holder who submits a renewal application, expect that the total amount of a late fee may not exceed $500.00